Sunday, May 5, 2019

Will this Ramadan Be...?

Will this Ramadan Be 

Will this Ramadan be my departure point to Paradise where I will meet the one who taught me to love it? 


He taught me that entering Paradise and being saved from Hell is the greatest triumph. 

He taught me that in Paradise, I would enjoy what an eye has not seen, what an ear has not heard, and what a human heart cannot imagine. 

He taught me the whole lesson step by step.

He taught me how to be prepared for it.

He taught me to fast the as much as I could in the month before it so that my soul would become receptive to all its blessings.

He taught me that the reward of fasting Ramadan is limitless.  
He taught me to meet it with a heart full of hope that accepting my deeds throughout it would enable me to enter Paradise through ar-Rayan Gate. 

He taught me that fasting is a shield against blameworthy ethics and Hell.

He taught me that fasting helps me to control myself.

He taught me to overlook whatever injury I might meet so that I would overcome my evil whispering soul.

He taught me that fasting makes me remember and appreciate the blessings of Allah on me. 

He taught me that the fruit of fasting is piety. 

He taught me that tiring my feet, praying during its midnight would grant me everlasting rest.

He taught me that tiring my eyes, reciting the Quran throughout its days and nights would enable me to see what the eyes have never seen.

He taught me that specifying the last ten nights of Ramadan by intensive prayer would give me the opportunity to witness the Night of Decree, the reward of which is forgiving my former sins. 

He taught me that Ramadan is the month of victory, victory over the evil-whispering soul and victory over the enemies of Islam.

He taught me that victory is attained by obeying Allah and avoiding His prohibitions. 

He taught me to seek Allah's help and guidance to be an obedient slave.  

He taught me to seek repentance from Allah no matter how great my sins were. 

He taught me the lesson and if I only implement one part of it, my life would completely change.

I will do my best to implement this lesson even one part of it so that when I meet him in Paradise I will tell him that you are the best teacher, O Prophet Muhammad sala Allah alayhi wa-sallam. 

O Prophet Muhammad salla Allah alayhi wa sallam!  I long to meet you.

O Allah! Help me to follow the path leading to Paradise where I will meet my beloved Prophet Muhammad salla Allah alayhi wa sallam, and his companions. Amen 

Ramadan Kareem



1 comment: