Thursday, December 3, 2020

Umm Haram bint Milhan

 

Hala Sultan Tekke

Anas, may Allah be pleased with him, said when Messenger Muhammad would go to Quba’, he used to visit Umm Haram bint Milhan and she used to offer him some food. She was the wife of Ubada bin as-Samit. One day Messenger Muhammad went to her house and she offered him some food. Then he slept and woke up smiling. She said, ‘O Messenger of Allah, what makes you laugh?’ He said, ‘I saw some people from my nation fighting for Allah’s sake in my dream and they were sailing on the sea like kings sitting on their thrones.’ She said, ‘Invoke Allah so that I may be one of them. So he prayed to Allah that she would be one of them. Then he lay his head and slept. Then he woke up smiling. She asked him, ‘O Messenger of Allah, what makes you laugh?’ He said, ‘I saw some people from my nation fighting for Allah’s sake in my dream and they were sailing on the sea like kings sitting on their thrones.’ She said, ‘Invoke Allah that I may be one of them.’ Messenger Muhammad said, ‘You are one of the first ones.’ Later on, Umm Haram bin Milhan traveled by sea during the reign of Muawiyah bin Sufyan. When she came ashore, she fell from her riding animal and died. [Sahih Muslim] 
The tomb of Umm Haram is in Larnaca, Cyprus and a mosque is built beside it. The mosque is known as Hala Sultan Tekke.

No comments:

Post a Comment